Thursday, June 7, 2012

...to Venus!

June 5, 2012
The transit of Venus was when planet Venus crossed the sun. It happened today and it was not very easy to see.
Whenever the sun is involved you cannot look directly at it because you will damage you eyes. The weather did not help, there were clouds everywhere making the whole exercise frustrating. The sun did not reflect on my white paper so that lovely trick did not work. So I gave up and sat behind my computer to admire images shot by others. If I wanted to see it for myself again I would have to live until 2117 which is the next time this will happen again. It turns out a lot of this stuff is hard to view and record without equipment which I am still working on. Until then I will go back scaring myself to death reading about asteroids and planning for some stargazing on my next night off.

No comments:

Post a Comment